How do you find your voice? Not your singing voice, but instead your message or work, that is unmistakably you?
There are many reasons why people become a reanimated creator. Sometimes, they simply see a void in an industry that they’re already in and think they can do a better job than the company they’re at. Sometimes, a person is laid off and uses the skill that they are professionally known for to make a living on their own. However, there are other times where someone is called to do what they know they’re meant to do. They have an internal pull to go a different way than they have their entire career.
For today’s guest, that last one description is definitely the case. After a life altering experience, Chris Jordan realized that God had given him a new personal mission. That mission was to empower others to work and live with more confidence and meaning as well.
In this conversation, Harrison and I get to learn how this experience went down and how it’s motivated him to not only start his own company but become a local President of Toastmasters as well as the director of the region.
If you feel that you’re being called to do more meaningful work and don’t know if it’s the right choice, let Chris’ story inspire you to live in Truth.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
- How did Chris’ life altering moment help him get to where he’s at today? 9:34
- How did Chris get started with 420 Fire? 14:11
- What’s going on with Team CNE? 16:39
- What lead him to become his local Toastmaster’s president? 21:37
- Why did Chris decide to actually join the John Maxwell Team? 28:14
- What kinds of things should people consider when choosing a coaching program to be certified in? 30:55
- What’s coming up for Chris this year? 33:55
- Who are his top 3 influencers? 40:35
- What message does he hear that is the biggest disservice to young people? 42:40
- What is something that people tend to put money and effort into but is a waste of their resources? 45:09
- What’s the most valuable thing Chris learned in the military that he still uses today? 46:32
- What’s it mean to live a life of abundance? 49:06
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Chris Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram
- Personal Mission Guide – Uncover Your Personal Mission so you know you’re going the right way in your career!
- Session Cohost: Harrison Painter
- 420 Fire Ministry
- Antonio Smith AoL Interview
- Clay Green First AoL Interview
- Chris’ Mind Renewal Method
- John Eldredge – Wild At Heart
SHOW NOTE EXTRAS:
He Leads Promo
Interview with Dom Brightmon about He Leads
Dom speaking on Education Reform
Recap of the He Leads Conference 2018
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the top of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The AoL Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions feel free to email them over via the email mentioned in the show or by our contact form.
A huge thank-you to you guys for joining us!